|Opening||feb 25, 2014|
|Closing||mar 02, 2014|
2hrs, 30mins. (1 Intermission)
See what Time Magazine exclaims is, “a don’t miss theatre event! The #1 Broadway musical of the year." Winner of the 2012 Tony Award for Best Revival of a Musical, The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess is hitting the road in a stunning and stirring new staging, including such legendary songs as "Summertime," "It Ain’t Necessarily So," and "I Got Plenty of Nothing." The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess features one of Broadway’s most accomplished creative teams, led by Tony-nominated director Diane Paulus (Hair), Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Suzan-Lori Parks (Topdog/Underdog), and two-time Obie Award-winning composer Diedre L. Murray (Running Man), bringing George and Ira Gershwin’s legendary masterwork to the Broadway stage for the first time in more than 35 years.
Praised by the New Yorker as, "a great achievement!" and hailed by the Associated Press as, "a gorgeous version of the Gershwin masterpiece," the classic story of The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess is set in Charleston’s fabled Catfish Row, where the beautiful Bess struggles to break free from her scandalous past, and the only one who can rescue her is the crippled but courageous Porgy. Threatened by her formidable former lover Crown, and the seductive enticements of the colorful troublemaker Sporting Life, Porgy and Bess’ relationship evolves into a deep romance that triumphs as one of theater’s most exhilarating love stories.
- Tickets Now on Sale for Gershwin Classic Porgy and Bess in Pittsburgh
- Get a First Look at the Citizens of Catfish Row in the National Tour of Porgy and Bess
- Kingsley Leggs, Alvin Crawford & More Complete the Tour Cast of Porgy and Bess
- Tony Nominee Phillip Boykin Joins the National Tour of Porgy and Bess
Porgy and Bess Cast & Creative
- Music George Gershwin
- Lyrics Ira Gershwin, Dorothy Heyward and DuBose Heyward
- Book Suzan-Lori Parks
- Director Diane Paulus
- Musical Score Adapter Dierdre L. Murray